S/S Toy Info.
- The time frame to build/make your stainless steel toys can vary depending on how many are ahead of your order. We aim to produce nice looking toys and we take our time so we do not make costly mistakes. We hope your bird(s) will be pleased with your purchase! All of our stainless toys are made after order has been placed and as to how long it takes to ship out to you depends on how many other orders are ahead of your order All of our stainless toys are made right here in California, U.S.A.
- Some of our stainless toys are not suitable for larger parrots such as large Macaws or large Cockatoos. Please be sure to purchase from the Large Bird size category to ensure the toy is better suited for your large bird. Keep in mind that the large birds do have the capability to crush, bend, tweak some metals or break welds on the orings that link from one part of the toy to other parts on the toy. It does not mean your bird will do damage to the toy and each bird varies in their play habits.
- While we would like to see our toys last a "lifetime" being that it is stainless steel, it may or may not endure a pristine quality throughout the life of a toy. The best quality of stainless steel can possibly develop corrosion over time especially in very moist/humid climates and yes even indoors as well as in dryer areas. We also won't know how well the stainless toys are cared for, such as were toys left in water too long to soak or harsh chemicals used to disinfect the toy and so on. There are so many factors that can affect how well metals last.
- Our stainless steel toys consist of bird safe components, some toys may have a few plastic beads on the toy to add a splash of color & interest. We have a few toys with our plastic beads that we give options to select either with plastic beads or all stainless components. We use all sorts of stainless items & shapes in our toy making. Some of our made toys might be "one of a kind" or maybe very few depending on supply of items, if this is the case it will be stated on the product page of the item. Often the toys can take a while to make up from start to finish.
- Be sure to learn more about our orings and chain used in our toys as well as our quick links.
- Extra Small & Small Birds: Our small bird toy category would be suitable for Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Small Parakeets, Lineolated Cockatiels, Conures, Senegals, Quakers, Lorys, Caiques... gee, there are too many small birds to list!! All toys may not be suitable for your bird specie in this category.
- Medium Birds: We will consider a medium size bird to be along the size of Pionus, Hawk Headed, Small Cockatoos, Mini Macaws, Ringnecks, Amazons, Congo/Timneh African Greys, Eclectus & and all alike size birds.
- Large Birds: This would include the Large Macaws and the Large Cockatoos. The magnificent Hyacinth Macaw has a mighty powerful beak and it is quite difficult to have anything outlast their big strong beaks. Depending on play habits and how much these gentle giants play, the toy may or may not survive well. The Green Winged Macaw beak is nearly as powerful so same thing applies.
At this time, we do not do much in the way of customer custom designed orders, if there is any customization on a particular toy we sell then you can ask for a slight change based on parts that you see on any of our toys. We do not sell wholesale to anyone at this time, so please do not ask.
To clean your stainless steel toys is easy! Wash by hand in warm or hot soapy water and rinse well, shake the toy vigorously to get out any hidden water then dry with a soft cloth. Toys can also be washed in a dishwasher, if toy has any plastic pieces on it then wash on top rack. Do not use harsh chemicals to clean.
Now, let's talk bird size in reference to toy size:
Generally speaking, for instance: a small bird means small toy or like a large bird means large toy. Some birds like toys built for their size and other birds like toys that are smaller or larger for their size. Usually you will know what your bird likes best once you have come accustomed to likes and dislikes of items on a toy and also the toy size your bird prefers.
In each of our bird groups shown below for our stainless steel bird toys we have categorized toys by bird size into 3 bird groups. Sometimes a toy can be good for two different birds sizes. This does not mean necessarily it will be best for your bird's size. If I am asked would my Cockatiel like this toy? Honestly, I don't know because I do not know your bird and his play habits. Like in my mind, I have always considered an Amazon parrot to be a medium size bird however, the Amazon might like a toy that is smaller or even a larger toy, that choice is up to your bird!!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our stainless steel bird toys, please contact us.